But another goal I have for 2013 is that I want to finish my own personal book. And then I want to edit it, edit it again, let people I trust to give me honest feedback to read it, and then edit it some more. And hopefully query it if I (and those people) think it's worth querying. I've been telling myself that I'm going to do this every year but for some reason or other I put it off. I'm my biggest critic and I need to get over my fears and just do it. So I might not write reviews for every book I read but I'll try to keep y'all updated on what I'm reading and loving in different ways. I'll share my other obsessions (currently: Doctor Who, Dawson's Creek, Pretty Little Liars, traveling, anything zombies).
So my resolutions for 2013 are pretty simple: accomplish more of my personal goals from years past. Look at life more positively (aka: find the silver lining). Figure out what I really need out of life. And stay in touch with you all because these past 2+ years have been a great experience.
And because I couldn't end the year without telling you some of my personal favorites, I give my 2012 favorites (in no particular order):
- The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Paper Towns by John Green
- The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle
- Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
And most fun post to write:
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
See you in 2013!